WILMINGTON, DE — Wilmington Police have arrested a man following a gun investigation.
Authorities state that on July 9, officers began a firearm investigation following the recovery of a 9mm handgun in the area of 7th and Washington Streets. Through the course of their investigation, police identified 18-year-old Javon Turner as a suspect. On July 26 at approximately 3:41 p.m., members of Wilmington’s Street Crimes Unit were in the 600 block of West 5th Street when they observed Turner. Police took Turner into custody without incident.
Turner has been charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of an Untraceable Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (2 counts)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Tampering with Evidence
He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and committed to the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on $38,000 cash-only bail.
Information is subject to change at any time as additional details may emerge. Information, a criminal complaint, or an arrest is not a declaration of guilt. A suspect, arrestee, or defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Police Investigating Indecent Exposure Incident at Elizabeth Township, Lancaster County
- Wilmington Police Arrest Suspect in Trolley Square Shoplifting Case
- Police Investigating Two Sexual Assaults in Philadelphia
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Homicide in Shooting Investigation
- Defense Attorney Charged with Promoting Prostitution
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.