HARRISBURG, PA — Pennsylvanians who have registered with FEMA may be eligible for reimbursement if they paid out-of-pocket expenses for temporary lodging because of damage to their primary residences from recent flooding, severe storms, and tornadoes. Lodging expenses may be eligible for reimbursement if an applicant:
- Registers with FEMA
- Passes identity verification
- Verifies occupancy in a primary residence within a designated county
- Verifies that the primary residence is uninhabitable or inaccessible
- Incurs disaster-related temporary lodging expenses (room plus taxes) between August 31, 2021, and the first 30 days after receiving FEMA rental assistance
- Does not have insurance that would cover lodging; and
- Did not receive lodging assistance from any source during the same timeframe.
Reimbursement funds are available for eligible applicants under FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. Survivors who are approved for lodging reimbursement must submit zero-balance receipts to FEMA to receive payment. Reimbursement will not cover incidental costs such as phone calls, laundry, internet, food, movies, or pet care. The eight (8) counties designated for FEMA Individual Assistance are Bedford, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, and York counties.
Pennsylvania residents affected by August 31- September 5 storms and flooding have until November 10 to register for disaster assistance. Registering is free and takes about 20 minutes. There are three ways to register:
- Online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Call the disaster assistance helpline: 800-621-FEMA (3362). Lines are open daily from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Help is available in most languages.
- Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585. If you use 711 or VRS (Video Relay Service) or require accommodations while visiting a center, call 800-621-3362.
- Visit a disaster recovery center. To find one, go to FEMA.gov/disaster-recovery-centers or call the helpline.
Additional information is available at fema.gov/disaster/4618.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.