HARRISBURG, PA — Governor Tom Wolf announced that Pennsylvania food distributors will receive more than $50 million of $1.2 billion in funding for the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farmers to Families Food Box program.
Money will fund the purchase of surplus milk and other dairy products, as well as chicken, pork and fresh produce from Pennsylvania farmers who lost markets for their products due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Distributors will work with food banks and other non-profit organizations statewide to get food boxes to PA families who are facing food insecurity.
“This vital funding will put fresh, nutritious food on Pennsylvanians’ tables and money in the pockets of our farmers,” Wolf said. “The Wolf Administration has advocated for this and other targeted support for our farms, and we’re pleased that this funding will complement other dedicated state and federal funding to combat food waste and food insecurity in Pennsylvania.”
A complete listing of contracts awarded can be found on the USDA website. Pennsylvania contracts were awarded as follows.
- ALL Holding Company, Harleysville, Montgomery Co. – $18,000
- Brian Campbell Farms, Berwick, Columbia Co. – $900,000
- Clemens Food Group, Hatfield, Montgomery Co. – $3,669,158
- Common Market Philadelphia, Inc., Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co. – $5,760,000
- Dertstine’s Inc., Sellersville, Bucks Co. – $5,962,356
- Farm to Table Buy Local, Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co. – $281,880
- John Vena Inc, Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co. – $1,800,000
- Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative, Lancaster, Lancaster Co. – $1,365,000
- Marburger Farm Dairy, Evans City, Butler Co. – $78,636
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Cooperative/Feeding Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co. – $3,772,314
- Monteverde’s Inc., Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co. – $1,440,000
- Novick Brothers Corp., Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co. – $502,737
- Paragon Wholesale Foods, Warrenda, Allegheny Co. – $3,816,000
- Schneider Dairy Inc., Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co. – $4,270,000
- Stanley Marvel Inc., Bensalem, Bucks Co. – $14,427,840
- T.M. Kovacevich, Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co. – $2,054,333
- Turner Dairy Farms Inc., Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co. – $315,450
For more information on food security in Pennsylvania including information about resources and actions taken by the Wolf Administration, visit agriculture.pa.gov/foodsecurity.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.