KING OF PRUSSIA, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced it will host job fairs at its Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery County Maintenance facilities on Tuesday, July 12, from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, in an effort to reach qualified candidates throughout the region to fill vacancies in all four counties.
Those interested in a career with PennDOT are being encouraged to attend one of the job fair locations to learn about the following opportunities:
- Transportation Equipment Operator-A;
- Transportation Equipment Operator Trainee;
- Diesel Construction Equipment Mechanic;
- Diesel Construction Equipment Mechanic Trainee; and
- Maintenance Repairman 2.
All positions will be posted online at www.employment.pa.gov two weeks before the scheduled job fairs and applicants are encouraged to submit their application through the website whether they can attend or not attend the job fairs. Applicants may also view other positions on the website available in the Philadelphia region and statewide.
If for any reason an applicant cannot complete an application on the website before the scheduled job fairs, staff members with laptops will be available at all four job fairs to help interested participants navigate the electronic application system.
For positions that require a Commercial Driver’s License, PennDOT will conduct on-the-spot interviews for CDL operators. Driving tests will also be administered the same day, if available. CDL operators should bring their current driver’s license and medical examiner certificate to the job fair. Requirements for a CDL will be posted on the job description on the employment website. PennDOT states it will train an employee for a CDL if hired for the Transportation Equipment Operator Trainee position.
Applicants do not have to live in the county for the job they are applying for and can attend any of the following job fair locations:
- Bucks County Maintenance Facility, 6160 Potters Lane, Pipersville, PA 18947. For more information, call 215-345-6060;
- Chester County Maintenance Facility, 711 Ryan Boulevard, Coatesville, PA 19320. For more information, call 484-340-3200;
- Delaware County Maintenance Facility, 426 South Old Middletown Road, Media, PA, 19063 For more information, call 610-566-0972; and
- Montgomery County Maintenance Facility, 2005 Swede Road, Norristown, PA 19401. For more information, call 610-275-2368.
PennDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting workforce diversity.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.