KING OF PRUSSIA, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced it will host hiring events at its Chester and Delaware County Maintenance facilities mid-June, in an effort to reach qualified candidates to fill vacancies.
Those interested in a career with PennDOT are being encouraged to attend one of the following events:
- Wednesday, June 14, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Chester County Maintenance Facility, 711 Ryan Boulevard, Coatesville, PA 19320. For more information, please call 484-340-3200; and
- Thursday, June 15, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Delaware County Maintenance Facility, 426 South Old Middletown Road, Media, PA, 19063 For more information, please call 610-566-0972.
Applicants are being encouraged to view open positions on employment.pa.gov and submit their application through the employment website whether they can attend or not attend the hiring event. Prospective candidates may also view other positions on the employment website available in the Philadelphia region and statewide and do not have to live in the county for the job they are applying for.
Examples of open positions include:
- Transportation Equipment Operator-A;
- Transportation Equipment Operator Trainee;
- Diesel Construction Equipment Mechanic;
- Automotive Mechanic; and
- Highway Maintenance Worker.
If for any reason an applicant cannot complete an application on the website before the scheduled hiring event, staff with laptops will be available at both locations to help interested participants navigate the electronic application system.
For positions that require a Commercial Driver’s License, PennDOT will conduct on-the-spot interviews for CDL operators. Driving tests will also be administered the same day, if available. CDL operators should bring their current driver’s license and medical examiner certificate to the job fair. Requirements for a CDL will be posted on the job description on the employment website. Please note, PennDOT will train an employee for a CDL if hired for the Transportation Equipment Operator Trainee position.
PennDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting workforce diversity.