WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Senator Bob Casey (D-PA), member of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, released the following statement after al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri was killed by a U.S. drone strike.
“As Osama bin Laden’s right-hand man, Ayman al-Zawahiri was one of the masterminds behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks that killed 2,977 people on September 11th, 2001.
“[Yesterday], a U.S. drone strike killed al-Zawahiri and exacted justice for his terrible crimes, both here in the U.S. and across the globe.
“I want to thank U.S. troops, our intelligence community and President Biden for their tireless efforts to combat al-Qaeda and hold those responsible for one of our Nation’s darkest days.”
You May Also Be Interested In…
- Toomey Votes to Add Sweden, Finland to NATO
- Casey: $25 Million in Federal Funding Will Help Protect Southeastern Pennsylvania from Disasters
- Toomey: Democrats Using Veterans Bill to Enable Additional $400 B for Unrelated Spending Binge
- Gov. Wolf: PA Opportunity Program Will Give $2,000 Checks Directly to Pennsylvanians
- U.S. Senator Bob Casey Statement on Death of Ayman al-Zawahiri
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.