WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) yesterday voted to advance Sweden and Finland’s applications to join NATO.
“Sweden and Finland’s inclusion into NATO sends a clear, unified message to Vladimir Putin that his aggression cannot continue. Adding two advanced democracies with highly capable militaries to NATO will strengthen the alliance, bolster deterrence, and advance regional stability goals,” said Senator Toomey.
In May, Senator Toomey with 81 other Senators wrote President Biden urging him to expedite the process to advance Sweden and Finland’s application to join the alliance.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- U.S. Senator Bob Casey Statement on Death of Ayman al-Zawahiri
- Senator Casey Announces Funding for Community Projects in Pennsylvania
- Congressional Oversight Commission Publishes Latest CARES Act Report
- PA SRCC: Governor’s Lawsuit Another Attempt to Stop the People of Pennsylvania From Having a Voice
- Executive Order Protects Abortion Services in Pennsylvania
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.