At Wednesday’s U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, U.S. Senator Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) introduced five Pennsylvanians for their nomination hearings: Cindy Chung, nominee for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and Mia Perez, Kai Scott, Kelley Hodge, and John Murphy, nominees for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
During the past 12 years, Senators Toomey and Bob Casey (D-Pa.) have worked together to vet, recommend, and confirm 29 federal district court judges.
“I’m pleased to support all of these nominees. I am confident that each has the qualities needed to serve as judges. They have the experience, intellect, integrity, and respect for the limited role of the judiciary in our constitutional system,” said Senator Toomey at the hearing.
“I want to say how grateful I am to Senator Casey for the bipartisan collaboration that he and I have been able to share in filling Pennsylvania district court vacancies over the past 12 years. We’ve worked together to vet, recommend, and confirm 29 federal district court judges, and I look forward to working with him to fill Pennsylvania’s remaining district court vacancies.”
More For You
- Passing the Trash: Senators Question Education Department on Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Senator Pat Toomey Cosponsors Electoral Count Reform
- Toomey Introduces Five Pennsylvanians at Senate Judiciary Committee Nomination Hearing
- Congressional Oversight Commission Publishes Its Twenty-Eighth Report
- Toomey Criticizes Biden’s Decision to Force Taxpayers to Pay for Student Debt Cancellation
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.