WEST READING, PA — Tower Health states it is following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and PA Department of Health (DOH) guidelines for prioritizing distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine. Until recently, these guidelines have prioritized healthcare workers, individuals living in long-term care facilities, and first responders. On January 19, the Governor expanded vaccine eligibility to individuals 65 years of age or older, or those ages 16 to 64 with certain high-risk health conditions.
The health system is excited to expand access to the COVID-19 vaccine and continues to operationalize distribution of vaccine to this expanded population. The ability to offer the vaccine will depend on vaccine supply and availability of appointments for scheduling. Currently due to limited vaccine supply, no appointments are available. Updated vaccine availability and appointment information will be provided on COVID-19 pages of the Tower Health web site (TowerHealth.org/vaccineinfo) and eligible persons are encouraged to check the web site regularly.
As the system establishes these processes, we urge the public to remember these important points:
- Our physician practices DO NOT have any vaccines on site and cannot accept COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Please do not call your physician’s office requesting vaccine.
- Tower Health has the required supply of second dose vaccines for those who have already received their first dose of the vaccine.
- If you have a confirmed vaccine appointment, please do not arrive early. By arriving on time, you will help us maintain social distancing.
- Unless it is necessary, please do not bring family members or others to your appointment. In order to assure we can give the needed second doses, we can only vaccinate those who have appointments. If it is necessary to bring someone to assist you, please limit it to one person.
- For the latest updates on Tower Health vaccines and availability, visit www.towerhealth.org/vaccineinfo.
Vaccine distribution is a significant logistical challenge that Tower Health and other local health systems are working hard to organize efficiently and safely. We urge the public to be patient as we manage the changing vaccine supply and the resources needed to distribute it. Please remember to check our web site for updated information.
In the meantime, we urge everyone to continue wearing a mask in public, avoid crowds, and practice frequent hand hygiene to prevent the spread of the virus.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.