PARKESBURG, PA — The Borough of Parkesburg has released the following statement on Halloween trick-or-treating during the COVID-19 pandemic:
“While there have been many rumors and overall uncertainty with this year’s Trick-or-Treat due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Borough of Parkesburg will not be cancelling Trick-or-Treat.
“As this year is quite different than years past, we ask the following precautions are taken:
- Trick-or-Treat during the recommended times of 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM on October 31st.
- Respect your neighbors’ position to actively participate or not. If a house will be participating, please turn on your outside lighting to signify participation.
- We discourage soliciting nonresidential properties (businesses that may be open).
- We discourage soliciting in multifamily dwellings (e.g. Westminster, Parkesburg Schoolhouse apartments).
- Be creative with passing out treats.
- Walk in smaller groups (no more than 10 juveniles and chaperones) and practice the appropriate social distancing and required mask usage.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for Halloween. These can be found here – https://www.cdc.gov/…/daily-life-coping/holidays.html.
“Whatever choice you and your family decide to do, please have a safe and Happy Halloween!”
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.