KENNETT SQUARE, PA — LCH Health and Community Services (LCH), a community health center that serves over 8,000 patients in southern Chester County, was recently recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a 2021 Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). According to NCQA’s website, there are five core competencies to being a Patient Centered Medical Home:
- Comprehensive Care: Meeting a patient’s physical and mental health care needs through a team-based approach to care.
- A Patient-Centered Approach: Delivering care that is oriented towards the whole person, with an understanding of and respect for culture, unique needs, preferences, and values.
- Coordinated Care: Navigating patient care across all elements of the health care system, such as specialty care, hospitals, home health care, and community services.
- Accessibility of Services: Making care accessible by minimizing wait times, enhanced office hours, and after-hours access to providers through phone, email or other methods.
- Quality and Safety of Care: A commitment to quality improvement (QI), performance improvement, patient satisfaction, and population health management: a systems-level commitment to quality.
LCH’s Kennett Square location has been the recipient of this award for the past four years. The NCQA professional accreditation is acknowledged by thousands of practices across the United States.
“This speaks so much to our care team at LCH, and how everyone at LCH is constantly working to put our patients first,” said Ronan W. Gannon, LCH’s Chief Executive Officer. “It is an honor and a privilege to lead this team in providing such great, affordable, accessible health care to all in our community.”
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.