CHESTER COUNTY, PA — The Pennsylvania National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (PA-NEDSS) today confirmed 43 additional positive cases of COVID-19 in Chester County, bringing the countywide total to 6,959, which includes 266 cases defined as probable and 366 deaths. Of these, an estimated 5,706 patients can be considered recovered. All active cases are either in isolation at home or being treated at the hospital.
In personal care facilities and personal care homes, there are 914 resident cases of COVID-19 and 311 cases among employees at 48 of 75 distinct facilities in Chester County. Out of the total deaths from COVID-19 in the county, 293 have occurred in residents from long term care facilities or personal care facilities.
There have been a total of 82,607 Chester County residents who tested negative for the COVID-19 virus to date.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Neighboring Counties
The health data below lists the confirmed cases in neighboring counties:
- Berks County, Pennsylvania – Cases: 7,215 | Deaths: 395
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania – Cases: 12,325 | Deaths: 881
- Delaware County, Pennsylvania – Cases: 11,578 | Deaths: 756
- New Castle County, Delaware(1) – Cases: 10,368 | Deaths: 312
- Cecil County, Maryland(2) – Cases: 1,090 | Deaths: 34
- Lancaster County, Pennsylvania – Cases: 8,052 | Deaths: 459
For the newest information on the local, state, federal response to COVID-19, click here.
Health officials stress the role every person plays in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
- Clean surfaces frequently.
- Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.
- If you must go out, you are required to wear a mask when in a business or where it is difficult to maintain proper social distancing.
Editor’s Note: Initially, MyChesCo pulled county-specific COVID-19 data from the Chester County Health Department’s COVID-19 Dashboard. However, over time, that data became inconsistent and unreliable. Therefore, except where noted, MyChesCo is using data from the Pennsylvania National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (PA-NEDSS) as the primary data source for daily updates.
(1) Provided by the Delaware Health Department based on the most recently available information. Data is provisional and subject to change as new information becomes available.
(2) Provided by the Maryland Department of Health based on the most recently available information. All data are preliminary and are subject to change based on additional reporting.
(3) Percentages may not total 100% due to rounding.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.