CHESTER COUNTY, PA — The Pennsylvania National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (PA-NEDSS) today confirmed 144 additional positive cases of COVID-19 in Chester County, bringing the countywide total to 29,560, which includes 3,756 cases defined as probable and 707 deaths. Of these, an estimated 26,012 patients can be considered recovered.* The remaining active cases are either in isolation at home or being treated at the hospital.
Through Feb. 16, there have been 58,950 doses of the vaccine administered. Of which, there are 33,872 people who have received one dose (partially covered) and 12,539 people who have received two doses (fully covered). The math results in 58,950 doses administered to 46,411 people.
In long-term care facilities and personal care homes, there are 1,939 resident cases of COVID-19 and 683 cases among employees at 63 of 75 distinct facilities in Chester County. Out of the total deaths from COVID-19 in the county, 453 have occurred in residents from long-term care facilities or personal care facilities.
There have been a total of 174,130 Chester County residents who tested negative for the COVID-19 virus to date.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Neighboring Counties
The health data below lists the confirmed cases in neighboring counties:
- Berks County, Pennsylvania – Cases: 34,616 | Deaths: 872
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania – Cases: 52,041 | Deaths: 1,498
- Delaware County, Pennsylvania – Cases: 39,642 | Deaths: 1,209
- New Castle County, Delaware(1) – Cases: 47,349 | Deaths: 617
- Cecil County, Maryland(2) – Cases: 4,964 | Deaths: 113
- Lancaster County, Pennsylvania – Cases: 42,181 | Deaths: 989
For the newest information on the local, state, federal response to COVID-19, click here.
Health officials stress the role every person plays in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
- Clean surfaces frequently.
- Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.
- If you must go out, you are required to wear a mask when in a business or where it is difficult to maintain proper social distancing.
- Download the COVID Alert PA app and make your phone part of the fight. The free app can be found in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store by searching for “covid alert pa.
Editor’s Note: Initially, MyChesCo pulled county-specific COVID-19 data from the Chester County Health Department’s COVID-19 Dashboard. However, over time, that data became inconsistent and unreliable. Therefore, except where noted, MyChesCo is using data from the Pennsylvania National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (PA-NEDSS) as the primary data source for daily updates.
* Pennsylvania calculates individuals who have recovered as if a case has not been reported as a death, and it is more than 30 days past the date of the patient’s first positive test (or onset of symptoms) then an individual is considered recovered.
(1) Provided by the Delaware Health Department based on the most recently available information. Data is provisional and subject to change as new information becomes available.
(2) Provided by the Maryland Department of Health based on the most recently available information. All data are preliminary and are subject to change based on additional reporting.
(3) Percentages may not total 100% due to rounding.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.