MALVERN, PA — HMP Global, the world’s largest healthcare event and education company, announced the launch of the Sana Symposium, a three-day event that will connect mental health and addiction professionals with revolutionary psychedelics education.
Produced in conjunction with a consortium of the company’s other leading mental health and addiction brands – Psych Congress, Evolution of Psychotherapy, and the National Conference on Addiction Disorders (NCAD) – the three-day event will take place online September 17-19, 2021, delivered via the company’s VRTX virtual events platform. Sana will feature a scientific agenda covering the latest in psychedelic research and provide attendees with the opportunity to engage the pioneers of the field.
With psychedelics now making waves in mainstream medicine, Sana Symposium will unite globally-renowned experts across three key practice fields – psychiatry, psychotherapy, and addiction treatment– to provide a multi-perspective view on the application and approaches of psychedelic therapies. The Symposium will highlight promising results in utilizing psychedelic-assisted therapy to treat mental health disorders including Major Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD and feature groundbreaking research and cutting-edge data in psychedelics.
Guiding the program for the Symposium is a Steering Committee comprised of leading multidisciplinary experts:
- Kwasi Adusei, DNP, PMHNP, Co-founder, Psychedelic Society of Western New York
- Rick Doblin, PhD, Founder and Executive Director, Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Robin Carhart Harris, PhD, Director, Centre for Psychedelic Research, Imperial College London, and recently named one of TIME’s 100NEXT Innovators
- Rakesh Jain, MD, MPH, Co-investigator, Psychedelics and Wellness Study (PAWS); Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Texas Tech Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
- Saundra Jain, MA, PsyD, LPC, Co-investigator, Psychedelics and Wellness Study (PAWS); Adjunct Clinical Affiliate, University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing
- Lynn Marie Morski, MD, Esq, President, Psychedelic Medicine Association; Founder, PlantMedicine.com; Host, Plant Medicine Podcast; Medical Director, WayofLeaf.com
- Andrew Penn, RN, MS, NP, CNS, APRN-BC, Instructor, California Institute for Integral Studies (CIIS); Board Member, Organization of Psychedelic and Entheogenic Nurses (OPENurses); Associate Clinical Professor, University of California-San Francisco
- Charles Raison, MD, Director of Clinical and Translational Research, Usona Institute; Professor, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Rosalind Watts, PhD, Clinical Director, The Synthesis Institute; Former Clinical Lead, Imperial College London
“The Sana Symposium is perhaps the most exciting event to come along in a while – and a one-of-a-kind educational experience that will provide a 360-degree view into the breakthrough field of psychedelic medicine,” said Charles Raison, MD, Sana Symposium Steering Committee Co-Chair. “We are eager to engage with the dedicated mental health and addiction community as we deliver practical guidance on how clinicians can best prepare themselves – and their practices – for these promising new treatments – we’ve only just begun to scratch the surface of their potential therapeutic benefit.”
The Sana Symposium joins HMP Global’s roster of forerunner brands in psychiatry and addiction education including Psych Congress, the country’s largest independent psychiatry meeting; Evolution of Psychotherapy, the world’s largest psychotherapy conference; and the National Conferences on Addiction Disorders (NCAD) East & West. The company’s leadership in educational delivery enhances its ability to bring together the very best minds for another forward-thinking educational event.
“The introduction of the Sana Symposium to our existing psychiatric and behavioral health portfolio further underscores our dedication to educating mental health and addiction professionals,” said Jeff Hennessy, Chairman and CEO, HMP Global. “The mental health and addiction crises in this country are widespread. By educating providers on the significant potential surrounding the therapeutic benefits of psychedelics, we can help revolutionize the treatment and care of those suffering with mental illness, trauma, and addiction.”
The Sana Symposium is the official meeting of the Psychedelic Medicine Association (PMA), a society of physicians, therapists, and healthcare professionals aiming to bridge the gap between the advances taking place in the psychedelic research world and medical practitioners. OPENurses, an organization representing nurses who utilize therapeutic psychedelic medicines and aim to establish best practices for patient care, also supports the mission of Sana Symposium.
To register for the Sana Symposium or to learn more, visit sanasymposium.com.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.