IRS, Treasury Disburse Another 37 Million Economic Impact Payments

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Bureau of the Fiscal Service recently announced they are disbursing approximately 37 million payments in the second batch of Economic Impact Payments from the American Rescue Plan. This brings the total disbursed payments from the American Rescue Plan to approximately 127 million payments worth approximately $325 billion.

As announced on March 12, Economic Impact Payments will continue to roll out in batches to millions of Americans in the coming weeks.

The second batch of payments includes direct deposits, as well as paper checks and debit cards being sent through the mail. Here is additional information on the second batch of payments:

• Like the first batch of payments, the announced payments primarily were sent to eligible taxpayers who filed 2019 or 2020 returns. People who don’t typically file a return but who successfully used the Non-Filers tool on IRS.gov last year were sent payments in this batch.
  • In total, this second batch includes approximately 37 million payments, with a total value of nearly $83 billion.
  • As part of that, this batch of payments includes approximately 17 million direct deposit payments, with a total value of more than $38 billion. These payments began processing on Friday, March 19, and some Americans saw the direct deposit payments as pending or as provisional payments in their accounts before the official payment date.
  • In addition, this batch of payments includes nearly 15 million paper checks (with a total value of nearly $34 billion) and approximately 5 million prepaid debit cards (with a total value of around $11 billion).
  • Paper checks and debit cards – known as EIP cards –began processing on Friday, March 19, and will continue to be sent by mail over the next few weeks.
READ:  HHS Announces Reduced Costs, Expanded Access for Marketplace Health Coverage

As announced previously, the first batch of payments was mostly sent by direct deposit. Here is additional information on the first batch of payments:

• The first batch of payments began processing on Friday, March 12, and some Americans saw the direct deposit payments as pending or as provisional payments in their accounts before the official payment date of March 17.
  • The first batch of payments primarily was sent to eligible taxpayers who provided direct deposit information on their 2019 or 2020 returns, including people who don’t typically file a return but who successfully used the Non-Filers tool on IRS.gov last year.
  • In total, the first batch included approximately 90 million payments, with a total value of more than $242 billion.
  • The use of direct deposit to issue these payments means that they were disbursed remarkably faster than would otherwise be possible.
  • While most payments were disbursed by direct deposit, Treasury mailed roughly 150,000 checks worth approximately $442 million.
READ:  IRS Seeking Volunteers to Serve on Taxpayer Advocacy Panel

Additional batches of payments will be sent in the coming weeks as direct deposits and through the mail as paper checks or debit cards. The vast majority of all Economic Impact Payments will be issued by direct deposit. No action is needed by most taxpayers.

Many federal beneficiaries who filed 2019 or 2020 returns or used the Non-Filers tool were included in these first two batches of payments, if eligible. For federal beneficiaries who did not file a 2019 or 2020 tax return or did not use the Non-Filers tool, the IRS is working directly with the Social Security Administration, the Railroad Retirement Board, and the Veterans Administration to obtain updated 2021 information to ensure that as many people as possible are sent fast, automatic payments. More information about when these payments will be made will be provided on IRS. gov as soon as it becomes available.

READ:  Why Some 2020 Recovery Rebate Credits Are Different than Expected

Individuals can check the Get My Payment tool on IRS.gov to see the payment status of these payments. Additional information on Economic Impact Payments is available on IRS.gov.

Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.

Buy Us a Cup of Coffee
Notify of
guest
39 Comments
Oldest
Newest
Inline Feedbacks
Otis Thompson
Otis Thompson
March 28, 2021 8:25 am

I am 65 and on disability and have yet to rectmy stimulus check. Nothing has changed since the last payment in December so what is the hold up now.

Corrine Polfus
Corrine Polfus
March 30, 2021 1:38 am
Reply to  Otis Thompson

Where is my check? NOTHING has changed since the first two were deposited in my bank account. WHAT is the problem???🤷🤷🤷👁👁😼😼

Linda
Linda
March 28, 2021 9:11 am

This is my first time to have to wait for my stimulus check and still no answer.somebody needs to actually do something. since COVID started the American 🇺🇸 people have had very very little help. Shame on this country. I want my check 😡

Bonda Frazier
Bonda Frazier
March 28, 2021 10:21 am

I haven’t receive my payment I’m on sis and ss

James Davis
Member
James Davis
March 28, 2021 11:43 am
Reply to  Bonda Frazier

This is NOT a small problem! 30 Million people are waiting to get either the last Covid Relief Check from Trump’s Adiminstration and/or Biden’s Administration!
It’s like SOC. SEC. ADMIN. wants to see every elderly and wounded veteran, retiree, minority, homeless, shelter residing person requiring assistance of SSI OR SSDI OR RR Retirement to crawl off and die in the bushes like old dogs. NO THANKS!

Arlene Baker
Arlene Baker
March 28, 2021 9:20 pm
Reply to  Bonda Frazier

Have not got anything but broken promises from all the news I’m so frustrated with all of this I’m getting ready to forget it

Sara Evans
Sara Evans
March 28, 2021 11:10 am

We have not had a problem with direct deposit with the last 2 payments. Why are we now? Also you stated that deptors can with hold ones stimulus check. Where and how does one find this information out?

Margaret
Margaret
March 28, 2021 11:38 am

I haven’t received my payment check and I’m not understanding why not. What is the problem? Someone tell me.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
March 28, 2021 4:36 pm
Reply to  Margaret

They are trying to blame Social Security Administration for a lack of supplying necessary files. From what I have followed though, as of Friday the 26th, the necessary information and data have been given to IRS. I Recieved the first 2 with zero delay or issues but this time, nothing at all. Makes no sense if you ask me.

Patricia D. Jarnagin
Patricia D. Jarnagin
March 28, 2021 11:43 am

I draw SSI and I haven’t received my 3rd Stimulus Check yet the $1,400 one could you please tell me when I can expect to get it? I received the $1,200 and the $600 by direct deposit will I get the $1,400 payment the same way or will it come in the mail? Do you have an update yet on the Get My Payment available yet? If not could you please let me know as soon as it comes available. Thank you

Spider
Spider
March 28, 2021 12:11 pm

I need the help .I have custody of my children the mom gets everything for them when she not allowed to so please I need the help .I have 3 children living with me.

Regina
Regina
March 28, 2021 12:15 pm

I work and haven’t received mine

Linda
Linda
March 28, 2021 12:21 pm

I’m concerned my stimulus payment. As of March 29 I haven’t yet received the third direct deposit. I am scared debt collectors may have garnished mine. How can i find out if this is the case?

Sjp
Sjp
March 28, 2021 1:37 pm
Reply to  Linda

The checks may only be garnished if a judgements has been approved in court. If you haven’t had any court notices or judgements, then the problem is between social Security releasing the files late on Thursday and the IRS not processing them quickly. Which has put millions of us in trouble! Plus there’s no way to speak to anyone regarding their slow processing!

Barbara noble
Barbara noble
March 28, 2021 12:33 pm

I have not received my stimulus check,I am on ss did not file taxes for 2000

Lesharae morris
Lesharae morris
March 28, 2021 12:36 pm

This is ridiculous i still haven’t received mines I also get social security and I’m the payee as well we haven’t received anything ppl is out here struggling like seriously you would have thought the veterans and disability ppl would have gotten there’s first

Shirley Mobley
Shirley Mobley
March 28, 2021 12:38 pm

I am on Disability and my Husband we haven’t not received our stimulus payment we have mortgage that needs to be paid light bill and medication we can’t get , We also have direct deposit, and received the other two through direct deposit, we aren’t understanding why the younger generations are being paid before the older persons

Unknown
Unknown
March 28, 2021 1:19 pm

Could someone please give Ssi,veterans,Sadi,&etc,,,some kind of information or update WHY YOU KEEP SAYING THERE’s not update on people that is receiving federal financial assistance…WE NEED AN SPECIFIC DATE???Not one is coming in the next coming days nor weeks this is ridiculous…

Deborah Lomax
Deborah Lomax
March 28, 2021 1:38 pm

It’s very frustrating to wake up each day hoping that your payment is in your account. I’m on SSDI and really need this money. It’s even more frustrating when you check the “get my payment ” tool and you still can’t get a date as of when you’ll get your check. Please help!!

Debra
Debra
March 28, 2021 1:57 pm

IRS blamed SSA for delay of money to SSI N other benefits for not getting information needed to them. Last week after democrats gave them 24 hours… deadline which was met n information given to IRS. And yet IRS still say they have no date as to when we will get our money which is what they said before blaming as blamed SSA…. so what is hold up now? Still have no dates or info when SSI will be paid. And my address n bank have not changed .

De
De
March 28, 2021 2:11 pm

It’s called “BIDEN.” When President Trump was in office, I received my deposit the next day. Go figure.

Barbara
Barbara
March 28, 2021 5:22 pm
Reply to  De

Our whole problem is BIDEN! NO TELLING WHEN OR IF WE WILL GET IT. Saw in an article that it could be as late as July. OUR BOARDERS, MONEY, OUR FREEDOM ARE SO F***** UP DO TO BIDEN AND LETS NOT FORGET NASTY HARRIS! GOD BLESS US ALL🙏

Bigherman77
Bigherman77
March 29, 2021 7:08 pm
Reply to  Barbara

If Biden is the problem don’t accept the check

Herman
Herman
March 29, 2021 6:58 pm
Reply to  De

That has nothing to do with President Biden, the social security person handling it was a trump appointee.

Bigherman77
Bigherman77
March 29, 2021 7:05 pm
Reply to  De

It’s not President Biden fault, the guy running SSA is a trump appointee not Biden fault. I’m so sorry you’re little man trump didn’t win election lol.

Linda Thompson
Linda Thompson
March 28, 2021 2:35 pm

I did not get my 1,400$ yet when will I get it

Joe sims
Joe sims
March 28, 2021 2:56 pm

The IRS HAS ALL OF THE INFORMATION FROM SOCIAL SECURITY. NOW WHY IS IT STILL TAKING SO LONG MY WATER UTILITIES WILL BE STARTING TO BE CUTTING OFF 5TH

bozo the clown
bozo the clown
March 28, 2021 3:49 pm

So none of you on disability, social security or SSI ever lost a penny. Why should you even get a check????

James Davis
Member
James Davis
March 29, 2021 3:32 am
Reply to  bozo the clown

Hey BOZO…SHUT IT!

Rhonda
Rhonda
March 29, 2021 4:40 pm
Reply to  bozo the clown

Hey better than everyone else. U know what I worked my a$$ off for years most of the time 2-3 jobs at a time. I worked to support my kids till they were grown and in their own. I didn’t want to go on ss but my ex husband decided that I was done working. He cause me to have a 10# weight limit and caused me to lose My nursing license and not be able to support myself thru working anymore. So before u start with that bs about we don’t deserve a penny, learn to understand that u… Read more »

SJ
SJ
March 28, 2021 4:57 pm

Still haven’t received my 2nd or 3rd stimulus. It’s kinda ridiculous.