HARRISBURG, PA — Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Secretary Cindy Adams Dunn is inviting public input in an online survey helping DCNR chart the future course for forestlands in Pennsylvania.
“As the department moves forward in developing a new strategic plan, those who appreciate, work in, or recreate in Pennsylvania’s forests have a remarkable opportunity to shape the future management and sustainability of Pennsylvania’s forest resources,” Dunn said. ”I encourage all to become a part of this state’s rich forest planning heritage by completing the survey.”
Beginning July 1 and continuing through August 31, the survey takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Stakeholders, outdoors enthusiasts, and others who visit and enjoy approximately 17 million acres of forestlands in Pennsylvania will be asked to weigh in on perceived individual forest use, and personal values placed on forests.
DCNR is in the process of writing a new strategic plan, designed to set its mission and overarching goals.
It guides how the department provides leadership in forest management and conservation on both public and private lands in urban and rural areas.
Reflected in the public survey are questions designed to shape how the department:
- Considers opinions and attitudes of citizens about forests and the agency’s work
- Steers its mission, goals, objectives and the methods used to achieve them
- Weighs attitudes and opinions on:
- Forest restoration, watershed protection, plants, wildlife, and biodiversity
- Working forests and the resources that come from them such as oil, gas, and timber
- Recreational activities such as hiking, biking, and motorized
- Climate change
- Forest education, outreach, and understanding of forest management practice and wood products
- Value of trees and forest products
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to products, identified by the icon. MyChesCo may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.