MALVERN, PA — State Rep. Kristine Howard, D-Chester, announced that nearly $1.7 million in grants has been awarded to fund multiple local infrastructure projects. The projects range from rehabilitating water pump stations to road widening and other improvements.
“I am beyond grateful that these grants have been awarded,” Howard said. “The state dollars going toward these projects shows that Pennsylvania is committed to improving all four corners of the commonwealth.”
The grant funding includes:
- $963,945 to West Whiteland Township to complete Phase 2 of the Clover Mill Pump Station rehabilitation project.
- $250,000 to West Vincent Township to construct passive recreation areas at Opalanie Park.
- $177,417 to Charlestown Township to relocate and install new crosswalks, pedestrian signals, and sidewalks at the intersection of PA 29 with Yellow Springs Road and Warner Lane.
- $177,975 to West Pikeland Township to purchase a 2023 Ford F-600 Series truck outfitted with a dump body and a plow.
- $86,960 to West Pikeland Township to demolish a house and construct a pavilion at Pine Creek Park.
- $54,005 to West Pikeland Township to purchase a new 2022 Ford Expedition for the township’s police department.
- $535,000 to East Whiteland Township for preliminary engineering of road widening improvements along Route 30.
The funding comes from the state’s Multimodal Transportation Fund and Statewide Local Share Account Program.
The Multimodal Transportation Fund provides grants to encourage economic development and ensure that a safe and reliable system of transportation is available to residents of Pennsylvania.
The funds distributed through the Statewide Local Share Account come from gaming revenues. State law provides for the distribution of gaming revenues from PA casinos to support projects in host and contiguous counties that benefit the public interest.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.