MALVERN, PA — State Reps. Kristine Howard and Dan Williams, both D-Chester, announced that area Chester County fire and EMS agencies will receive a total of $510,110 in grants to offset some of the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on their operations.
Through Act 26, the state made $50 million in grants available to fire and emergency medical service organizations that were affected by the pandemic. The funding must be used for operational and equipment expenses.
“Firefighters and EMS workers put their own lives at risk every day to save others, and so supporting our fire companies and EMS agencies is a priority for me,” Howard said. “I’m glad that our local fire and emergency medical service organizations are receiving this funding to continue to safely perform their jobs.”
Williams said, “Our firepersons and EMS workers are among the heroes of the pandemic. I’m proud to have voted for this legislation, which helps these frontline workers carry out the essential work they do in our communities.”
The grants awarded are as follows:
- Alert Fire Company No 1 – $23,699
- City of Coatsville Bureau of Fire – $24,794
- East Whiteland Township Volunteer Fire Association – $25,342
- Malvern Fire Company – $25,342
- Minquas Fire Company No 2 Inc – $21,094
- Modena Fire Company – $25,342
- Sadsburyville Fire Company – $25,342
- Wagontown Volunteer Fire Company – $25,342
- West Whiteland Fire Company – $23,896
- Westwood Fire Company – $25,342
- East Whiteland Township Volunteer Fire Association – $15,048
- Keystone Valley Fire Department – $33,428
- Minquas Fire Co., No 2, Inc – EMS Div – $15,048
- Modena Fire Company – $15,048
- Westwood Fire Company (EMS) – $15,048
More information on the grants is available here.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to products, identified by the icon. MyChesCo may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.