WAYNE, PA — Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX) announced that it recently published its 2021 Global Impact Report. The report outlines recent accomplishments and organizational changes to support the company’s Corporate Social Responsibly (CSR) program and aligns with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Index and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Index.
“Our purpose at Teleflex is to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We deliver on this purpose through innovation, living our Core Values, and positively impacting the communities where we live and work,” said Liam Kelly, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Teleflex. “This report represents our continued commitment to doing the right thing for our employees, our customers, their patients, and the planet.”
“There is a clear correlation between our mission and strategy as an organization and Corporate Social Responsibility,” said Karen Boylan, Corporate Vice President, Strategic Projects and Chair of the Corporate Social Responsibly Steering Committee at Teleflex. “I am proud of the work our teams have done to date and look forward to further advancing our CSR efforts and an inclusive culture across the organization.”
The 2021 Global Impact Report outlines accomplishments and plans for each of the company’s four CSR pillars: Principles of Ethics & Governance, Planet & Environment, People, and Prosperity & Sustainable Healthcare.
Highlights from this year’s report include:
- Progressed on the Company’s commitment to reduce energy demand, water consumption and waste: Completed the installation of solar panels at 5 manufacturing sites, contributing to the generation of over 5 GWh (gigawatt hours) of renewable electricity in 2021*; reduced the amount of material used to package several of the Company’s products; and, between 2019 and 2021, reduced the absolute water use at the Company’s manufacturing and distribution sites by approximately 6%*.
- Established new ways to track and measure environmental parameters: Invested in environmental health and safety (EHS) software to begin tracking the Company’s carbon footprint, and significantly increased the Company’s capability, completeness and data analytics for improvements, reporting and disclosure.
- Invested in organizational structure to lead and support CSR initiatives: The Company’s previously established CSR Steering Committee has formalized their structure, with additional key roles leading CSR initiatives within the organization.
- Furthered diversity, equity & inclusion efforts: Developed a data-driven approach to understand DEI parameters in areas such as pay equity and employee retention and compiled internal survey results to drive region-specific DEI activities. Welcomed new Co-Chair Shanté Demary to the Global DEI council, implemented global inclusive training for leaders, and continued to support expansion of access to healthcare through the Teleflex Foundation.
Read the full 2021 Global Impact Report at https://teleflex.com/usa/en/about-us/csr/index.html
- Data includes substantially all of the Company’s manufacturing and distribution facilities. The data excludes the Company’s commercial facilities and closed facilities as well as certain facilities obtained through recent acquisitions. The Company plans to expand the data to include these facilities in the future.
- Teleflex Announces First Patient Enrollment in MANTA Ultra Study
- Teleflex Launches New Arrow Pressure Injectable Midline Catheter in Europe, the Middle East and Africa region
- Teleflex Celebrates June Men’s Health Month with Launch of UroLift Patient Ambassador Program
- Teleflex Announces Regulatory Clearance for its UroLift System in China
- Teleflex Announces Health Canada Approval of MANTA Vascular Closure Device
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.