EXTON, PA — The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE), a subsidiary of CableLabs and the applied science leader for the cable telecommunications industry for over five decades, this week announced the appointment of a newly formed board of directors led by chairwoman Stephanie Mitchko-Beale, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Charter Communications. Approved on April 9, the new members will continue moving SCTE’s vision forward and will help propel the cable telecommunications industry into the future.
“As we welcome the new board members, we would like to thank past board members for their contributions and devotion to SCTE. Our careful selection and development of the newly structured SCTE board of directors will build upon the crucial work the previous members set in place and set the Society on a strong course for the next 50 years,” said Mark Dzuban, president and CEO, SCTE. “I am proud to see Stephanie step into this leadership role as a strong advocate for industry growth. With her mind for deliberate action and the wealth of experience she will bring to this role as board chairwoman, she will be a tremendous asset to SCTE. I look forward to working with her.”
SCTE and CableLabs jointly evaluated the composition of the board to ensure the skills and perspectives necessary to drive growth, push boundaries, and share real-time industry insight were highlighted throughout the selection of new members. Looking to build an internationally minded governance board, SCTE and CableLabs jointly appointed and approved eight new members including four executive committee members, and the SCTE membership elected three vendor and three at-large members to round out the group of 14:
- Chair: Stephanie Mitchko-Beale, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Charter Communications
- Vice-Chair: Guy McCormick, senior vice president of network engineering, Cox Communications
- Treasurer: Jan Hofmeyr, executive vice president and chief network officer, Comcast Cable
- Secretary: Ron McKenzie, senior vice president of technical operations, Rogers Communications Canada Inc.
- Eddie Arnold, group vice president of engineering and product delivery, Mediacom Communications
- Frank Drendel, founder and chairman emeritus, CommScope
- Victor Esposito, vice president of engineering, GCI General Communication
- John Hewitt, vice president broadband communications, EnerSys
- Ken Johnson, senior vice president of technology services, Cable One
- Catherine McNaught, emerging applications market development manager, Corning Incorporated
- Andy Parrott, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Vyve Broadband
- Damian Poltz, senior vice president of wireline technologies and strategy, Shaw Communications
- Michael Rabes, head of fixed access engineering, Vodafone
- Bill Warga, vice president strategy and technology, Liberty Global Companies Combined Europe & Latin America
“It is an honor to lead this newly-formed board and I look forward to growing the SCTE mission while ensuring that SCTE plays a critical role in advancing the cable telecommunications industry,” said Mitchko-Beale. “By enlisting passionate leaders with global field experience, key vendors and strategic-minded experts, we are positioned to shape the next decade of communications technologies.”
To gain an appointment to the SCTE board of directors, each nominee must be a senior executive of a CableLabs member company, or be an SCTE associate member with day-to-day executive responsibilities in engineering, technical operations or field operations. Board members must also support the SCTE mission, while seeking resources and commitments during their two-year term that further the objectives of SCTE. The new 14-member board takes their seats effective April 20, 2021.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to products, identified by the icon. MyChesCo may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.