BERWYN, PA — Trinseo (NYSE: TSE), a global materials solutions provider and manufacturer of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber, announced the release of its 2020 Sustainability & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report. The Report showcases how Trinseo excels in its safety and environmental performance while developing innovative solutions that shape a more sustainable world.
This is the 10th report since the Company’s formation in 2010 and has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards Core Option. GRI is the leading independent organization providing a common language and framework for public sustainability reporting, allowing more global comparability and better quality of information about company sustainability impacts.
“Since our founding a decade ago, Trinseo has maintained sustainability as a core value,” said Frank Bozich, President and Chief Executive Officer. “After joining Trinseo as CEO last year, I’ve come to understand this is deeply embedded within the Company and our employees are truly passionate about improving our world by addressing complex materials challenges and delivering products that are intrinsic to daily life.”
As Trinseo celebrates its 10th anniversary this year, the Company believed it was high time to embark on an ambitious, measurable, and achievable longer-term sustainability journey by announcing its 2030 Sustainability Goals earlier this month. This ambitious plan includes 15 long-term goals under five main categories that target climate change, sustainable products, supplier responsibility, responsible operations, and a sustainable workforce. These goals were created, in part, from a critical assessment of the Company’s capabilities as well as valuable feedback from customers and suppliers.
Products and innovations highlighted in the 2020 Sustainability & CSR Report include:
- Establishment of value chain partnerships to advance the quality and use of recycled polystyrene
- Launching a line of thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) for medical devices
- Introduction of a new self-cross-linking latex binder technology for the textile industry
- Assisting in the development and design of an innovative “non-wood” paper product
- Continuing to advance the capabilities of S-SBR Rubber used in high-performance tires to reduce rolling resistance and improve fuel efficiency of motor vehicles
- Achieving an injury rate of 0.11, which places Trinseo in the upper echelons of the chemical industry for safety
- Recording no Process Safety Incidents for the fifth year in a row
“Industry and society have reached a pivotal crossroads on the path toward a more sustainable future,” said Walter van het Hof, Global Industry Affairs & Sustainability Leader. “Intense consumer and regulatory pressure, rapid climate change, shifting societal norms, the threat of plastics in our oceans, and most recently, the global devastation of COVID-19 have coalesced and thrust us into a new era of sustainability.”
Trinseo’s 2020 Sustainability & CSR report is available online at trinseo.com/sustainability.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.