WAYNE, PA — Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX) announced the recent launch of an Arrow Pressure Injectable Midline Catheter in Europe, the Middle East and Africa region. The addition of the pressure injectable catheter further enhances the Midline portfolio to meet the expanded needs of clinicians and is designed to improve patient safety.
The new, 20cm Arrow Pressure Injectable Midline with brightly colored yellow hubs and labeling, will help clinicians overcome catheter identification confusion, which can lead to infusion mistakes that can harm patients. Additional features include:
- Available in 1-lumen and 2-lumen configurations
- TAPERFREE design, which assures consistent French size from distal tip to catheter hub to reduce the risk of venous stasis. This design is aligned with INS standards to select a catheter with a 45% or less catheter to vein ratio from the distal tip to hub
- Tray configuration designed to facilitate procedural efficiency
- Arrow Ergonomic trimmer that allows multiple, precise cuts with its window for easy visualisation of centimeter markings on the catheter
- Additional sharps safety componentry to meet INS standards
“The new catheter design is a direct result of our partnership with clinicians and exemplifies how we work together to identify needs and develop solutions that help them improve patient care,” said Matthew James, President EMEA for Teleflex. “We are excited to bring the Arrow Pressure Injectable Midline catheter to the market here in the region and to expand our portfolio in ways that meet the many needs of vascular access.”
The new Arrow Pressure Injectable Midline allows for pressure injection up to 5 mL/second through either lumen to mitigate diagnostic and treatment delays of having to replace a secondary device.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.