WAYNE, PA — Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX) delivers COMPLETE confidence to central line inserters with the release of the Arrow® ErgoPack® Complete CVC System, the most important update to its market-leading1 portfolio of Centrally-Inserted Central Catheters in more than a decade.
Teleflex conducted extensive research with industry-leading vascular access professionals to select the enhancements in the new ErgoPack® Complete System. Clinician-inspired updates to the kit include:
- The Arrow GlideWheel™ Advancer, which provides tactile feedback and finer control
- Nitinol Guidewire, which is kink-resistant compared to stainless steel
- Transducer Cover to support guidelines for ultrasound use
- Pre-filled sterile saline syringes, one per catheter lumen
- Extra ChloraPrep® Skin Prep in each kit (two total)
“The ErgoPack® Complete System is built with the inserter in mind, first and foremost,” said Jake Newman, President and General Manager, Teleflex Vascular. “The ErgoPack® Complete System is a powerful tool in the fight against CLABSI.1”
These new additions enhance the already-considerable power of the market-leading2 ErgoPack® System, which features, at its heart, Teleflex’s Arrowg+ard Blue Plus® CVC. It’s the only full-spectrum antimicrobial CVC that protects against gram-positive, gram-negative bacteria and fungi, the key infectious pathogens responsible for CLABSI.
CLABSI is responsible for as many as 28,000 deaths per year in the US.3
The ErgoPack® Complete System’s unique combination of CVC insertion components, packaged in an ergonomic and efficient top down, left to right configuration, helps central line inserters comply with critical third party independent guidelines for reducing CLABSI, including:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Category 1A & 1B recommendations4
- Society for Hospital Epidemiology of America (SHEA) Guidelines5
- Infusion Nursing Society (INS) Standards of Practice6
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) Bloodborne Pathogens Standard7
The ErgoPack® Complete System is available in two different configurations, in a variety of catheter French sizes.
Learn more at http://go.teleflex.com/CompleteConfidence.
- 1. Raad, II, Hohn DC, Gilbreath BJ, et al. Prevention of central venous catheter-related infections by using maximal sterile barrier precautions during insertion. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 1994;15(4 Pt 1): 231-238.
- DRG data. Teleflex. 2020.
- O’Grady NP, Alexander M, Burns LA, et al. Guidelines for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections, 2011 (Revised 2017). 2. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2017.
- Marschall J, Mermel LA, Fakih M, et al. Strategies to Prevent Central Line–Associated Bloodstream Infections in Acute Care Hospitals: 2014 Update. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2014 July; 35(7): 753-71.
- Gorski L, Hadaway L, Hagle ME, McGoldrick M, et al. Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice. Journal of Infusion Nursing. 2016; Jan 39(1S).
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration Regulations (Standards – 29 CFR). Part 1910.1030: Bloodborne pathogens. Occupational Safety & Health Administration Web site. https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.1030. Accessed on February 12, 2020.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.