MALVERN, PA — Saint-Gobain announced it completed the acquisition, announced on June 12, 2023, of Building Products of Canada Corp. (Building Products of Canada), a leading manufacturer of residential roofing shingles and wood fiber insulation panels in Canada.
With 460 employees working at three manufacturing plants across the country (Montreal, Edmonton, Pont-Rouge), Building Products of Canada complements CertainTeed Canada’s existing operations by offering roofing materials, and will add C$435 million to its leadership position in Canada, where it already has C$1.4 billion in sales. Along with the recent acquisitions of Kaycan and GCP in 2022, this acquisition is a major milestone in establishing Saint-Gobain’s leading position worldwide in light and sustainable construction.
Building Products of Canada joins the CertainTeed building materials business, in the Americas Region.
Today’s closing announcement follows several other North American growth investments announced by Saint-Gobain in recent months:
- In July, Saint-Gobain announced a $235 million expansion of its CertainTeed Gypsum facility in Palatka, Florida, more than doubling production capacity and creating over 100 new jobs.
- In April, Saint-Gobain celebrated the opening of its CertainTeed Corners facility in Social Circle, Georgia, enhancing its portfolio of high-quality interior finishing products and growing its presence in the southeastern United States.
- In February, the company acquired the rights to technology from recycling partner Asphaltica, which will allow Saint-Gobain to grow its ability to recycle asphalt shingle waste.
- In January, Saint-Gobain announced its intent to construct a new roofing manufacturing facility and distribution center in Bryan, Texas, creating approximately 130 new jobs in the area and reaffirming its commitment to serving customers in the southern United States.
- Last year, Saint-Gobain announced the acquisitions of both Kaycan and GCP, strengthening its leadership positions in siding and construction chemicals respectively.
- In June 2022, Saint-Gobain and CertainTeed Canada announced an investment to upgrade equipment at its gypsum facility outside Montreal, which will increase the plant’s production capacity by up to 40%. The plant will also transition away from fossil fuels to solely being powered by renewable electricity from Hydro-Quebec, making it the first zero-carbon wallboard plant in North America for scope 1 and 2 emissions.
With over 150 manufacturing locations in United States and Canada, every current and future member of the company’s team plays a vital role in achieving its sustainability goals. A current list of job openings at all Saint-Gobain locations, including throughout Canada, can be found on the company’s careers website.