MALVERN PA — HMP Global announced its Education Accelerator Initiative, an expansive scholarship program for the inaugural Dermatology Week event. Taking place September 16-19, 2021, the agenda will feature four days of practical education exploring the very latest clinical research and approaches. With an emphasis on “dermatology over destination,” the program will be delivered online via the company’s proprietary VRTX virtual event platform to further facilitate ease of access to important education for busy providers and eliminate the necessity and expense of travel.
Each day’s programming is designed to address the needs of specialized dermatologists as well as those treating general patient populations. Through sessions offering expert perspectives combined with practical updates in dermatologic conditions, participants will gain a robust understanding of current medical and cosmetic dermatological topics and patient management strategies. The program has been developed in conjunction with and endorsed by the Dermatology Nurses’ Association (DNA), the National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) and the National Rosacea Society (NRS).
Featured sessions include:
- “Taking the Next Step in Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis: Novel and Emerging Treatments and Best Practices” – Thursday, September 16 – 11:25 am EDT
- “COVID-19: Associated Dermatological Manifestations” – Friday, September 17 – 6:20 pm EDT
- “Challenging Cases & Practical Approaches: Facial Erythema of Rosacea” – Saturday, September 18 – 5:05 pm EDT
- “Dermoscopy Utilization in Early Melanoma Identification” – Sunday, September 19 – 2:05 pm EDT
Serving as Senior Advisors to Dermatology Week are Steven R. Feldman, MD, PhD, Professor of Dermatology, Pathology, Social Sciences & Health Policy at Wake Forest School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, NC, and Joel M. Gelfand, MD, MSCE, Professor of Dermatology and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.
“Dermatology Week will be delivered by outstanding experts from across the nation who are actively shaping the future of dermatological care,” said Dr. Gelfand. “Every session on the agenda has been designed to cumulatively yield an engaging, stimulating, and comprehensive educational experience that will equip dermatological professionals with practical strategies to improve patient outcomes – today and tomorrow. The scholarship program ensures as many professionals as possible have access to this important education.”
The roster of faculty members for Dermatology Week include:
- April Armstrong, MD, MPH; Associate Dean and Professor of Dermatology, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Esther Freeman, MD, PhD; Director of Global Health Dermatology at
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; Steering Committee Member of Dermatology Week
- Richard Gallo, MD, PhD; Irma Gigli Distinguished Professor and Chairman, Department of Dermatology at University of California – San Diego; Steering Committee Member of Dermatology Week
The scholarship program provides complimentary access to the conference for a limited number of participants. To apply, visit dermatologyweek.com/scholarship.
Event registrants can earn up to 28 CE credits and will receive six months of on-demand access to all sessions.
To learn more, visit dermatologyweek.com.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.