MALVERN, PA — HMP Global, the leading healthcare event and education company, announced the multi-topic, specialized agenda for the inaugural Neurology Week conference, taking place online July 14–18, 2021 via the company’s proprietary VRTX virtual event platform.
The five-day conference features a distinguished lineup of faculty who will deliver advanced neurology education with a practical focus on enhancing patient outcomes. The educational agenda was developed in collaboration with an expert steering committee representing specialty areas of neurology including:
- Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia
- Epilepsy/Seizure Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rare Neurological Diseases
- Special Topics in Neurology
- Sleep Disorders
- Stroke/Vascular Diseases
Each day of programming includes several unique session formats including “State of the Science” and “Challenging Cases” sessions that have been developed to provide attendees with advanced education and strategies that can be implemented into clinical practice.
“During Neurology Week, attendees will engage with a comprehensive, multi-topic neurology agenda that has been strategically designed for healthcare professionals across the full spectrum of neurological care,” said Gregory D. Cascino, MD, Whitney MacMillan, Jr. Professor of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine and Enterprise Director of Epilepsy at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and member of the Neurology Week Steering Committee. “Featuring a renowned lineup of faculty comprised of subject-matter experts from across the United States, Neurology Week will unite the neurological community as we share advanced education and techniques that ultimately yield enhanced patient outcomes.”
Faculty members for the Neurology Week program include:
- Liana G. Apostolova, MS, MD, FAAN; Distinguished Professor, Barbara and Peer Baekgaard Professor in Alzheimer’s Disease Research and Professor in Neurology, Radiology, Medical and Molecular Genetics at the Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Charlene E. Gamaldo, MD; Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Center for Sleep and Wellness at Johns Hopkins University, Fulton, Maryland
- Rajeev Kumar, MD; Director, Rocky Mountain Movement Disorders Center, Huntington’s Disease Society of America Center of Excellence, Colorado Neurological Institute, Englewood, Colorado
- Martin A. Samuels, MD, MACP, FRCP, FANA, FAAN, DSc (hon); Founding Chair, Emeritus, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, who will deliver the Keynote Session entitled “’Voodoo’ Death: A Window Into the Link Between Internal Medicine and Neurology” on Thursday, July 15 at 7:20 PM ET
- Jon Stone, MB, ChB, FRCP, PhD; Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences, University of Edinburgh, who will deliver the Closing Keynote Session entitled “Functional Neurological Disorder – Turning a Negative into a Positive” on Sunday, July 18 at 2:40 PM ET
Neurology Week attendees can access 13+ hours of CE content through on-demand bonus sessions which offer an in-depth look at the agenda’s key areas of focus. Learn more at neurologyweek.com/accreditation.
To learn more about Neurology Week, visit neurologyweek.com.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.