MALVERN, PA — USA Technologies, Inc. (OTC: USAT), a cashless payments and software services company that provides end-to-end technology solutions for the self-service retail market, recently reported results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2020 ended June 30, 2020.
We have worked very hard this quarter to put all the pieces in place that are necessary to move the company forward towards delivering the right financial results and growing the core business,” said Sean Feeney, Chief Executive Officer, USA Technologies.
“Despite the fact that COVID-19 is still having an impact, we have been able to control costs, and make organizational and operational changes needed to position USAT for long-term growth and profitability.
“With a completely new executive team now in place, a reorganized business structure, a realigned salesforce and redesigned customer service team, as well as a stronger capital structure, we have an unbelievable opportunity to build something great on this strong foundation during fiscal year 2021, and beyond.”
Fourth Quarter Financial Highlights:
- Revenue of $32.6 million, decreased 15.2% year-over-year
- License and transaction fee revenue of $27.8 million, decreased 15.6% year-over-year
- Equipment revenue of $4.8 million, decreased 13.0% year-over-year
- Net new connections of 35,000 bring total connections to 1,320,000
- Gross margin of 34.0% compared with 25.3% in the prior year period
- License and transaction gross margin of 42.3% increased from 33.8% in the prior year period
- Equipment gross margin of (14.1)% compared with (25.6)% in the prior year period
- Operating loss of $(10.4) million compared to operating loss of $(9.5) million in the prior year period
- Net loss applicable to common shares of $(11.4) million, or $(0.18) per basic share compared to net loss of $(9.9) million, or $(0.16) per basic share in the prior year period
- EBITDA* of $(8.6) million compared to $(7.9) million in the prior year period
- Adjusted EBITDA* of $(0.1) million compared to $(4.6) million in the prior year period
Fiscal Year 2020 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue of $163.2 million, increased 12.9% year-over-year
- License and transaction fee revenue of $133.2 million, increased 8.3% year-over-year
- Equipment revenue of $30.0 million, increased 39.1% year-over-year
- Added approximately 3,600 new customers and ended the year with approximately 23,000 total customers
- Gross margins of 28.4% increased from 27.8% in fiscal year 2019
- License and transaction gross margin of 37.7% increased from 34.9% in fiscal year 2019
- Equipment gross margin of (13.1)% decreased from (12.7)% in fiscal year 2019
- Operating loss of $(39.6) million compared to $(28.2) million in fiscal year 2019
- Net loss applicable to common shares of $(41.3) million, or $(0.66) per share compared to $(30.6) million, or $(0.51) per share in fiscal year 2019
- EBITDA* of $(32.6) million compared to $(20.7) million in fiscal year 2019
- Adjusted EBITDA* of $(8.3) million, compared to $(1.5) million in fiscal year 2019
- Ended the year with $31.7 million in cash and cash equivalents
On August 14, 2020, the Company repaid all amounts outstanding to Antara Capital Master Fund LP under a senior secured term loan facility and entered into a credit agreement with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (the “Credit Agreement”). The Credit Agreement provides for a $5 million secured revolving credit facility and a $15 million secured term facility, which includes an uncommitted expansion feature that allows the Company to increase the total revolving commitments and/or add new tranches of term loans in an aggregate amount not to exceed $5 million.
Fiscal Year 2021 Outlook:
For full fiscal year 2021, the Company expects revenue to be between $170 million to $180 million and Adjusted EBITDA to be between $2 million and $5 million.
*Note: EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA are non-GAAP measures. See discussion of non-GAAP measures below.
“Our outlook for fiscal year 2021 anticipates that the first half of the year will continue to be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and we will also be continuing to turnaround the business. The fiscal year 2021 plan anticipates that, for the second half of the fiscal year, the environment will be more amenable in terms of office/school/hotel traffic and that we will have made significant progress on the business turnaround,” said Wayne Jackson, Chief Financial Officer, USA Technologies.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.