EXTON, PA — Immunome, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMNM), a biopharmaceutical company that utilizes its human memory B cell discovery engine platform to discover and develop first-in-class antibody therapeutics, reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021 and provided a corporate update.
First Quarter and Subsequent Highlights
- IMM-BCP-001: In February 2021, Immunome announced that it discovered antibodies capable of neutralizing multiple SARS-CoV-2 variants, including the South African Variant, in pseudovirus testing. In April 2021, the company announced antibody selection for its IMM-BCP-01 cocktail and shared data showing that IMM-BCP-01 neutralizes CDC SARS-CoV-2 “Variants of Concern” in preclinical testing. The cocktail was efficacious in Syrian hamsters infected with SARS-CoV-2 (USA-WA1/2020) in both prophylactic and treatment schedules. Further, the cocktail neutralized South Africa and UK variants in live virus testing and Brazil and California variants in pseudovirus testing. An Investigational New Drug (IND) filing for IMM-BCP-001 is planned for late 2Q/early 3Q 2021.
- IMM-ONC-001: In March 2021, Immunome announced its proprietary antibody against IL-38 advanced into IND-enabling studies. Based on Immunome’s research findings, IL-38 functions as a novel innate immune checkpoint that inhibits infiltration and pro-inflammatory activity of innate immune cells. The company’s analysis also suggests that IL-38 is over-expressed in certain tumors and is potentially linked to reduced infiltration of innate immune cells. Immunome anticipates filing an IND for this product candidate in 2H 2021.
- Appointed Dr. Dennis Giesing as Chief Development Officer and Corleen Roche as Chief Financial Officer. In March 2021, the company announced the appointment of Dennis Giesing, Ph.D. to the role of Chief Development Officer. Dr. Giesing brings more than 35 years of pharmaceutical industry experience to Immunome and will be responsible for driving Immunome’s programs into clinical development. In April 2021, Immunome announced that it appointed Corleen Roche as its Chief Financial Officer. Ms. Roche is a highly accomplished CFO with over 30 years of industry experience to lead the company’s finance and corporate strategy functions.
- Completed a $27 million private placement. In April 2021, the company announced a private placement of its common stock for gross proceeds to Immunome of approximately $27 million, before deducting placement agent commissions and other offering expenses. The company currently expects the proceeds from this private placement, together with its cash on hand, will be sufficient to fund its operations through fiscal year 2022.
“I am thrilled with the significant progress that Immunome has made in the development of our product pipeline,” said Purnanand Sarma, Ph.D., President and CEO of Immunome. “We are excited to welcome Dr. Giesing and Ms. Roche to the Immunome team as we move towards becoming a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company.”
- Research and development (R&D) expenses: R&D expenses for the three months ended March 31, 2021 were $2.0 million.
- General and administrative (G&A) expenses: G&A expenses for the three months ended March 31, 2021 were $1.9 million.
- Net loss: Net loss for the three months ended 2021 was $3.9 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents: As of March 31, 2021, cash and cash equivalents totaled $36.3 million (excluding $27.0 million in proceeds from the private placement in April 2021).
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.