LANCASTER COUNTY, PA — More than ever, travel must be an informed, responsible, and personal choice. And if it’s for a holiday getaway, or whenever the time is right, Lancaster County is here to safely welcome visitors.
Visitor safety is first priority here, and that principle is being put into practice by tourism properties across the county, as they follow CDC guidelines and ask their guests to do the same.
So there’s still time to discover distinctive shopping and delicious food & drink throughout the city, towns, and countryside of Lancaster County, along with wonderful seasonal activities and welcoming lodging options.
- Make merry with shopping “finds” from our charming towns and villages like Lititz and Ephrata, great deals from the many outlet stores at both Tanger and The Shops at Rockvale, and the creativity of Lancaster City’s retailers.
- Ride with childlike wonder through Amish farmlands on the Strasburg Rail Road Christmas Trains.
Enjoy a fabulous production of “Elf the Musical” at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre, Mount Hope’s “Holidays Dinner Theater,” “The GÜT Life! Christmas with the Yoders & Nick” at Bird-in-Hand Stage, Sight & Sound Theatre’s new “Queen Esther”, or “Believe” at Magic & Wonder Theater.
- Brighten the night with the drive-thru holiday light shows at Dutch Wonderland, Clipper Magazine Stadium, Stone Gables Estate, or Refreshing Mountain (plus zipline options!).
- Revel in the joyous treasures and activities at iconic foodie stop Kitchen Kettle Village.
- Head to Elizabeth Farms through December 16th to pick out a beautiful pre-cut Christmas tree. Afterward, warm up with complimentary hot chocolate and explore the Christmas Fantasy Barn, with Santa’s Workshop, Bloomingdale’s Holiday Window Displays, and the Model Train Room.
- Get festive with two fun events from the Amish Farm & House – the Amish Christmas Cookie Tour and Santa & Goats.
Travel Responsibly: In an effort to limit the impact of COVID-19, mask-wearing and social distancing are required in all public spaces per official guidelines. Advance tickets or reservations are highly recommended or necessary at many spots. Your best bet: Plan ahead.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.