WEST CHESTER, PA — With names like “Sleigh My Name” and “Mistletoe Margarita,” 13 restaurants are preparing specialty appetizers and cocktails to ring in the New Year in West Chester.
“This is your final chance to take a glowing stroll through the thousands of lights aglow on our historic streets during Chester County Hospital Lights Up Holiday Weekends in West Chester,” says Katie Walker, President of the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. “With New Year’s Eve falling on a Friday this year, folks can be more flexible, and we’ve planned for that. Whether you want to pop in for appetizers and drinks during the day on New Year’s Eve, have a more traditional celebration in West Chester at night, or take a break from New Year’s Day cooking, our restaurants are ready to serve up New Year’s cocktails and appetizers to end a heck of a year on a high note.”
More than 50 local businesses have contributed to this year’s extraordinary light display in West Chester, with this weekend’s New Year’s Celebration sponsored by LifeBrand. Visit the following West Chester restaurants now through New Year’s Day to enjoy:
- Smoked Manhattan with Dickel Rye, Antica, Cynar and Italian cherry served in a glass filled with cherry smoke
- Fried Pasta Chip Nachos served with bacon, avocado, mozzarella, cheddar, sour cream and pico
- Winter Warmer – A medium-bodied dark ale finished with classic winter spices, served in a cinnamon-rimmed glass
- New Year’s Irish Coffee – Jameson Irish Whiskey, Demerara Sugar Simple Syrup with Bailey’s Whipped Cream
- Deviled Eggs topped with crispy pork belly
- Sparkling 2022 – Crushed pomegranate seeds with fresh mint, vanilla and cranberry vodka, splashes of champagne topped with candy floss
- Sushi ROLLing IT IN – Surf and turf sushi roll, tempura lobster roll topped with slices of filet of beef and crunchy potatoes. Drizzle of Special Kooma Sauce
- S’more the Merrier – Pinnacle Whipped, crème de cacao, toasted marshmallow syrup and white chocolate with a chocolate graham cracker rim
- Peppermint Bark – Faber Candy Cane Vodka, crème de cacao, white chocolate with a chocolate candy cane rim
- Healthy Holiday Indulgences – All cocktails made with Kiki Vodka (local) and under 150 calories including Salted Caramel Latte, Espresso Martini, Orange Creamsicle and Apple Cider Donut
- The Starry Night – Blueberry vodka, St. Germain, Violette liquor and prosecco
- The Gatsby – Hendricks, champagne, squeeze of lemon, grapefruit juice
- Mistletoe Margarita – Espolon Tequila Blanco, Cointreau, cranberry, lime, sugar rim. Festive and refreshing!
- Dessert Fire Jalapenos – Roasted and stuffed with four cheeses, wrapped in cherry-wood smoked bacon and roasted to crispy perfection.
- Old Fashioned – New take on a classic! Sugar in the raw muddled with bitters, luxardo cherry and orange. Stirred with Rye whiskey and poured over a large whiskey rock with flamed orange peel
- Nashville Hot Chicken – Chicken wings deep fried until dark golden brown, dipped in chili oil and covered in a sweet and spicy dry rub. Served with Texas toast, homemade pickles and bleu cheese
- Kneeling Prince – Irish Gunpowder gin, Drambuie, honey, lemon, lavender
- Hummus Plate – Roasted garlic hummus, tomato, cucumber, red and green bell pepper, red onion and olive salad, dill, feta, lemon vinaigrette, Za’atar spiced pita
- Sleigh My Name – Hornitos Tequila, lime juice, apple juice, cinnamon orange blossom syrup and orange liqueur garnished with dehydrated orange slice with cinnamon sprinkled on top
- Brisket Flatbread – The menu’s newest addition is a hit, with fermented sourdough
- Grilled 14-oz. Meyers Ranch All Natural New York Strip Steak Featuring fresh herb and barolo wine demi, served with grilled asparagus and mashed potato.
For more details on daily events, visitors should be sure to check an updated schedule at GreaterWestChester.com. Follow the fun on Facebook & Instagram @GreaterWestChester, and on Twitter @GWCC_PA #HolidayWeekendsInWestChester
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.