HARRISBURG, PA — The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB), through its Limited-Release Lottery, will award lottery registrants the opportunity to purchase one of 1,931 bottles of Van Winkle whiskeys.
These Kentucky whiskeys, produced by Pappy Van Winkle’s grandson using recipes dating back four generations, are among the most sought after in the world. Since 2002, the Van Winkle bourbons have been produced at the Buffalo Trace distillery, enabling the Old Rip Van Winkle distillery the ability to increase production while still ensuring strict standards for quality. Wine Enthusiast magazine and the World Spirits Championship have rated the 20-year-old bourbon 99 out of 100.
Separate drawings will be conducted for each of these limited-release whiskeys, and lottery participants may opt in to one, several, or all drawings. Purchase is limited to one bottle per participant, and if a participant wins a bottle in a drawing, he or she will be removed from subsequent drawings.
Drawings will be held, in the following order, to award the right to purchase individual bottles as follows:
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 23 Year Old 95.6 Proof 2020 Release, $399.99 each – 18 bottles for individual consumers, five bottles for licensees
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 20 Year Old 90.4 Proof 2020 Release, $249.99 each – 54 bottles for individual consumers, 17 bottles for licensees
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Straight Bourbon 15 Year Old 107 Proof 2020 Release, $149.99 each – 134 bottles for individual consumers, 44 bottles for licensees
- Van Winkle Family Reserve Straight Rye Whiskey 13 Year Old 95.6 Proof 2020 Release, $159.99 each – 134 bottles for individual consumers, 44 bottles for licensees
- Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Straight Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 Proof 2020 Release, $89.99 each – 370 bottles for individual consumers, 123 bottles for licensees
- Van Winkle Special Reserve Straight Bourbon 12 Year Old 90.4 Proof 2020 Release, $99.99 each – 741 bottles for individual consumers, 247 bottles for licensees
Individual consumers and licensees interested in entering one or more drawings must have an active account with FWGS.com with billing information on file. Each participant is encouraged to verify that accurate, up-to-date billing information is associated with his or her customer account to prevent transaction delays or cancellations.
Store delivery of Limited-Release Lottery products is required; failure to identify a valid store for delivery may result in the loss of the right to purchase that product. Every winner will be required to show valid photo identification at the store to claim the product.
In light of attempts by previous lottery winners to illegally resell products obtained through Limited-Release Lotteries, the lottery Terms and Conditions remind residents that the sale of alcoholic beverages without a license is strictly prohibited under Pennsylvania law. When entering a Limited-Release Lottery, a participant will be asked to acknowledge that he or she agrees to these terms and conditions and is a Pennsylvania resident.
Limited-Release Lotteries are open to Pennsylvania residents and licensees age 21 or older who provide both a verifiable Pennsylvania billing address and a Fine Wine & Good Spirits store address at registration. Any registrant with a billing address that cannot be verified as a Pennsylvania address will be removed from the lottery. Entries will be vetted for duplicative names, addresses, and other information, and duplicates will be deleted from the lottery pool.
Lottery drawings will be witnessed by an independent third party. Winners will be selected at random by computer program. Participants will be notified by email when the lottery process is complete.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.