CHESTER SPRINGS, PA — In partnership with Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show Grounds, SALT Performing Arts continues SALT Beyond The Walls, a Drive-In live concert style summer series, with Songs Through The Decades, June 19 & 20, 2020 at 7 PM. Pack a picnic and enjoy 16 amazing SALT STARS singing songs from the 1930s to 2010s. Concessions delivered to your car. $25/vehicle.
After months of virtual performances, SALT premiered SALT Beyond The Walls on June 12, 2020, with Broadway Showstoppers. For three more summer weekends, a different group of SALT performers will sing songs around a different theme. In support of securing the equity of rights and elimination of race-based discrimination, SALT donated 20% of the proceeds from the opening weekend performances to the NAACP.
The drive-in theatre works as follows:
- Admission is $25/vehicle. Reservations must be made online prior to the performance at: https://www.saltpa.com/beyondthewalls.
- Admission to the fairgrounds will start an hour before the event start time.
- Each vehicle should print out their ticket and place it visibly on the front dashboard/window.
- Upon entering the fairgrounds, attendants will guide vehicles for parking around the newly constructed fairgrounds stage
- Audio is provided via 90.7 FM radio transmission.
- On-site concessions will be available for delivery to your vehicle.
- Binoculars are encouraged.
- Attendance will be limited to 70 .vehicles.
- The show will last approximately 90 minutes. There are NO BATHROOMS at the Fairgrounds.
- Audition times will be announced via SALT’s Facebook Page.
“Last weekend’s concerts were simply glorious! With the quarantine restrictions, the drive-in is a perfect way to safely reconnect the community with live entertainment again,” comments Lauren McComas, President and Artistic Director of SALT Performing Arts. “Pack a car-picnic or pickup takeout and relax to some of the best voices around. Our amazing lineup of SALT performers this weekend will rock out some of the most popular radio songs from the decades including Dream a Little Dream, Hey Jude, Piano Man, and Rollin in the Deep. You do not want to miss it!”
SALT performers for the June 19 & 20 weekend include: Alicia Huppman, Emily Davis, Liz Robertson, Robert Rinaldo, Genevieve Brogdon, Dina Spyropoulos, Rebecca Finkenaur, Danny Murphy, Dylan Zangwill, Sami Uggla, Drew Kalkiewicz, Hannah Elliott, Sophie Rowland, Grace Halsey, Danielle Kucera, and Leyla Marusa.
- Friday, June 19, 7 PM
- Saturday, June 20, 7 PM
- Rain Date, Sunday, June 21, 7 PM
Other SALT Beyond the Walls weekends are:
- July 24 -25, Kids on Broadway
- August 14 – 16, Songs from the Silver Screen
Since the quarantine began, in lieu of live performances, SALT hosted Cooped Up Cabaret, a “live” premiere of SALT performers singing songs that had been chosen earlier in the week via a poll on which SALT followers voted. Friday, June 12, was the first time SALT was able to showcase its talent live for an audience again.
The mission of SALT Performing Arts is to provide live community theatre productions, Playhouses for Preschoolers, summer/year-round theatre camps for kids, dinner theatre, and more. With excellence as the standard, SALT, a non-profit organization, believes that the “community” is paramount in community theatre and strives to foster an all-inclusive atmosphere that promotes a positive, uplifting experience to each individual. SALT involves people of all ages from all walks of life. If you are interested in learning more about SALT Performing Arts, making a donation, or being a sponsor, please email us at [email protected]
SALT Performing Arts, Chester Springs, PA 19425 is organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes with a non-profit 501(c)(3) status. For more information, visit our saltpa.com.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.