PENNSYLVANIA — The 2023 Pennsylvania Farm Show is officially open for eight days of family fun, education and excitement! Agriculture Russell Redding hosted area media yesterday for a preview of items on the menu in the Farm Show Food Court, and the Pennsylvanians in agriculture who benefit from the sales. The Food Court will open to the public starting today, January 6 from noon to 9:00 PM. Admission and parking for the day are free. On Saturday, January 7, the Farm Show will officially open with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 9:00 AM.
“Pennsylvania agriculture feeds our families and our economy every day,” said Redding. “The non-profit groups who feed hungry crowds during the Farm Show represent the past, present, and future of our industry — the people who produce the food that feeds our families and our economy and supports nearly 600,000 jobs across Pennsylvania, and the young people pursuing careers in agriculture who will feed us tomorrow. The Farm Show is your chance to taste a slice of Pennsylvania and feed the future of agriculture while you’re at it.”
Featured menu items included:
- PA FFA Foundation – Apple Pie Pizza, sourced by Knouse Foods
- PennAg Industries – Hemp Tea, Pulled Pork Nachos, Chicken Breast Sandwiches, Chicken Tenders
- PA Beekeepers Assoc. – Freshly-made Waffles with PA-produced Honey and Honey Ice Cream drizzled with honey and produced by Halls and Longacres.
- PA Cooperative Potato Growers – Potato Donuts, Baked Potatoes, Pierogies
- PA Dairymen’s Association – Milkshakes, Cheese Cubes, and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- State Horticultural Association of PA – Apple Cotton Candy
- Mushroom Farmers of PA – Blended Mushroom Steakhouse Burger, Shredded Portobello Nachos, Breaded Whole White Mushrooms, Portabella Jerky, Mushroom Crumble
- Pennsylvania Livestock Association – the Flying Porker BBQ sandwich
Sales support not only the producers, but the non-profit organizations representing them, and the professional and educational activities, and youth agriculture scholarships they offer throughout the year.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show is the Pennsylvania State Fair® and the nation’s largest indoor agricultural event, featuring 12,000 competitive exhibits, nearly 6,000 animals, and 275 commercial exhibitors. The show runs from January 7 through 14. Admission is free and parking is $15 in Farm Show lots. The Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center is easily accessible from Interstates 81 and 83.
Find a complete schedule of events, competition results, show highlights, and more information at farmshow.pa.gov.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.