DOWNINGTOWN, PA — After a most challenging year for education, Remake Learning Days Across America (RLDAA) returns this spring in 17+ regions, with family-friendly learning events designed to engage caregivers, parents and kids around the country.
In partnership with the PA SEED Ecosystem, southeastern PA will host 30+ events during this learning festival between May 6-16, 2021. These events are designed for parents and caregivers to learn alongside their kids and offer relevant and engaging educational experiences for youth of all ages (pre-K through high school). The majority of events are free.
Southeastern PA’s festival of events will capture the theme(s) of Career Readiness, Maker, Outdoor Learning, Science, Technology, and Youth Voices and include events such as:
- Exploring Drones (May 14): Participating students and families are in for an action-packed evening of everything drones! They will experience FPV, coding and flying drones as well as see live demonstrations from professional drone pilots and drone industry professionals.
- Fluxspace’s STEAM Festival (May 8): Fluxspace will spend the day exploring everything STEAM! Attendees can build something in their makerspace, program and code robots/electronics, see drone demonstrations, explore 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC routing, vertical farming/hydroponics, VR experiences and more!
- Girls Code the World (May 14): Girls will experience a holistic science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education by completing a series of engaging activities related to biology, chemistry and coding. There will be a range of fun hands-on and computational projects that will provide a glimpse of a maker education!
- Pennsylvania Pig Farm Showcase (May 11): Students will learn about the inner workings of a Pennsylvania pig farm from National Pig Farmer of the Year Chris Hoffman. He will highlight the inner workings of his farm and the many ways pigs impact the lives of all Pennsylvanians.
- Sustainability and Your Students (May 12): Teachers will explore strategies to connect our students to plants, animals and our world. Teachers will create their own EVERFI account, explore the Plants, Animals, & Our World course, and gather several extension ideas to implement in virtual or in-person classroom!
“Educators, looking to be innovative and connect children with the future of learning are engaging students every day with STEAM-based activities,” said Demetrius Roberts, director of STEM and educational technology for CCIU. “Remake Learning Days is a way for us to showcase these learning innovations and bring them into the community so that we can reach more students and caregivers. We believe that a student’s total knowledge can’t depend on the school alone and we’re thrilled to bring this celebration to communities and caregivers.”
Find a complete list of events and registration information here: https://remakelearningdays.org/southeasternpa/.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.