HARRISBURG, PA — Pennsylvania Secretary of Banking and Securities Richard Vague is commending students from 16 teams representing 13 Pennsylvania colleges and universities who will be competing in the 2021 Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) Community Bank Case Study Competition.
The Community Bank Case Study Competition offers undergraduate students in all fields of study an opportunity to gain valuable first-hand knowledge of the banking industry. Student teams partner with local community banks to conduct original case studies. For the 2021 competition, each team will examine how community banks have responded to two major forces that impacted the nation this year: (1) the COVID-19 pandemic, and (2) a renewed commitment to diversity and inclusion.
“We are so pleased that Pennsylvania students once again continue their strong showing in the annual CSBS competition,” said Secretary Vague. “The willingness of Pennsylvania’s community banks to engage and partner with these student teams to examine these timely, relevant issues is further testament to their commitment to the communities they serve.”
Of the 53 student teams competing nationwide, Pennsylvania tops the list of participants with the following schools and bank partners:
- Bloomsburg University (Columbia County) – First Keystone Community Bank
- Grove City College (Mercer County) – Mars Bank
- Juniata College (Huntingdon County) – Kish Bank
- Kutztown University (Berks County) – New Tripoli Bank, Fleetwood Bank, and The Neffs National Bank (3 teams)
- La Salle University (Philadelphia) – QNB Bank
- Lincoln University (Chester County/Philadelphia) – Fulton Bank
- Mansfield University (Tioga County) – Citizens & Northern Bank
- Messiah University (Cumberland County) – LINKBANK
- Muhlenberg College (Lehigh County) – QNB Bank
- Rosemont College (Montgomery County) – Asian Bank and The Bryn Mawr Trust Company (2 teams)
- Temple University (Philadelphia) – The Victory Bank
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown (Cambria County) – Somerset Trust Company
- York College of Pennsylvania (York County) –York Traditions Bank
The student teams are competing for an academic scholarship, an opportunity to present their case study at the annual CSBS-Federal Reserve Community Banking in the 21st Century Research and Policy Conference, and publication in a journal of academic research.
Anyone can contact the Department of Banking and Securities at 1-800-PA-BANKS.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.