WEST GROVE, PA — It’s cool to be kind at Avon Grove Charter School (AGCS). Students in grades K-12 recently concluded a kindness-focused fundraising campaign. In three short weeks, AGCS students performed over 5,975 Acts of Kindness for their families, friends, neighbors, essential workers, and local community non-profits and raised over $80,000.
AGCS and the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) were seeking an alternative to its traditional fundraisers and found success in Raise Craze. The premise is to spend time serving others not selling.
“Service is a core tenet of AGCS, Raise Craze gave us a unique opportunity to bring our entire school community (both virtual and in-person learners) together in a fun and engaging way while spreading positivity and kindness in and around our local communities,” says a school representative.
How Raise Craze works – once registered with Raise Craze students selected at least three acts of kindness to complete during the first three weeks of February. Students sent emails through the platform to family and friends seeking donations to our school.
“We are incredibly proud of our students and the creative ways they shared kindness in our community. In addition to individual acts of kindness each grade partnered with a local non-profit,” states school officials.
Here are just a few of the ways students brightened people’s days:
- Shoveling driveways for neighbors and family
- Writing thank you notes to teachers, first responders, and
- Decorating mailboxes to say thank you to our mail carriers
- Returning neighbors’ garbage cans on trash day
- Leaving water & snacks by the front door for delivery drivers
- Baking cookies and checking in on our neighbors
- Donating canned goods and soup to the SOUPer Bowl Canned Food Drive benefitting Avon Grove Church of the Nazarene – The Bridge and Oxford Area Neighborhood Services Center
- Donating shoes to the Booster Club Shoe Drive
- Donating toiletries to the Shevlin Family Foundation
- Donating items to Canine Partners for Life
- Donating items to Lasata – A quiet place
AGCS & the PTO is thanking the community for their generous support of the students, school, and community.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.