MALVERN, PA — Balfour Beatty Communities Foundation’s annual academic scholarship program is accepting applications for the 2021/2022 academic year. The program recognizes residents of Balfour Beatty Communities-owned and managed properties who are active in their local community, show academic promise, and demonstrate financial need.
To be eligible for a Foundation scholarship, applicants must:
- Reside in a Balfour Beatty Communities-owned and managed military, student housing, or multifamily community
- Hold a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Participate in extra-curricular activities
- Plan to attend an accredited college or trade school in the 2021/2022 academic school year
In addition to completing the online application form, applicants are required to submit a 350-400 word essay that allows the selection committee to learn more about their personal background on one of the following topics:
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
- What matters to you and why?
- Describe a defining moment in your life and how it changed your view of your past or future?
- What are your expectations on how further education will make an impact on your future?
“For more than a decade, our Foundation has been dedicated to supporting the academic dreams of our residents,” said Chris Williams, President of the Balfour Beatty Communities Foundation. “After an unpredictable year, we are especially proud to support the hardworking students across our portfolio of military, multifamily, and student communities.”
Since 2009, the Foundation has awarded more than 490 scholarships to assist deserving students and future community leaders in their pursuit of postsecondary education.
All applications and related materials must be received by March 18, 2021 (11:59 pm PT). To apply and for more information, visit www.bbcommunitiesfoundation.org/scholarships.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.