EXTON, PA — United Way of Chester County, along with its partners, will be holding several outdoor events to promote its Mobile Home Tax Reassessment Program:
- June 5 | 10- 1 pm | Saint Rocco’s Church [313 Sunny Dell Rd, Avondale, PA 19311]
- June 9 | 5:30 – 7:00 pm | Phoenixville Library [183 2nd Ave, Phoenixville, PA 19460]
- June 14 | 5:30 – 7:30 pm | Oxford Library [48 S 2nd St, Oxford, PA 19363]
- June 22 | 4:30 – 6:00 pm | Honey Brook Food Pantry [5064 Horseshoe Pike, Honey Brook, PA 19344]
- June 28 | 3:30 – 6:30 pm | Nottingham Manor [480 W Christine Rd, Nottingham, PA 19362]
- July 19 | 5:30 – 7:30 pm | Oxford Library [48 S 2nd St, Oxford, PA 19363]
- July 21 | 5:30 – 7:00 pm | Phoenixville Library [183 2nd Ave, Phoenixville, PA 19460]
“Our goal of completing 500 successful appeals this year is ambitious, but we are determined to help as many of those in need as we can,” said Christopher Saello, President and CEO of United Way of Chester County. “We are hoping that through these events we can not only meet our goal, but possibly exceed it.”
Partnering with Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, LCH Health and Community Services and local food pantries, the Mobile Home Tax Reassessment program offers assistance to mobile homeowners in Chester County to file property tax reassessment appeals.
In just three years, the United Way Mobile Home Tax Reassessment program has made great impact:
- Assisted in 756 successful appeals
- Lowered these 756 mobile home assessments by 70% from $26 million to their actual assessed value of $8 million
- Saved each mobile homeowner an average of $883 on their annual taxes
- Collectively saved these mobile homeowners $6.7 million over the next 10 years that they should have never owed to begin with if not for a flaw in state tax code.
What is the process to apply?
To be considered for the 2022 reassessments, call United Way of Chester County at 610-429-9400 to make an appointment, or visit www.UnitedForMobileHomes.com and fill out the 2022 Reassessment Form.
Once the form is complete:
- United Way of Chester County will contact the client to schedule an intake appointment with a representative from Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- A paralegal will complete the forms and will contact the client for their signature.
- A volunteer from United Way of Chester County will take photos of the home for documentation.
- All forms will be submitted between May 1- August 1, 2022, to the County Reassessment Office.
- Clients will be notified of the results of their reassessment appeals in October 2022.
The deadline to apply for this program is July 21, 2022. United Way of Chester County and its partners will do all the work and pay the fees on behalf of the homeowners in the program. To learn more about the Mobile Home Tax Reassessment project, view a video about it, participate in the project or make a donation, visit www.UnitedForMobileHomes.com or call 610-429-9400.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.