MALVERN, PA — Summer campers at Chesterbrook Academy Preschool in Malvern recently collected more than 150 nonperishable food items for local nonprofit Philabundance.
Campers hosted a food drive to help stock the organization’s shelves and provide meals to families in need. At the end of the collection, students organized and prepared the donations for delivery to the nonprofit. Through this initiative, campers learned the importance of spreading kindness and helping those in need.
As one of Delaware Valley’s largest hunger relief organizations, Philabundance strives to distribute food to those in need, reduce food waste, increase access to nutritious meals and tackle the root causes of hunger through various programs. The mission of Philabundance is to drive hunger from communities today and end hunger forever.
Stay up to date on the latest news and information from MyChesCo with our free newsletter. Sign up today so you don’t miss out on any important updates about upcoming events or attractions in our region.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- Celebrating the Diversity of Hispanic Heritage Month: YMCA’s Guillermina Rios Joins Forces with The Fund for Women and Girls
- Coffee and Conversation With State Rep. Melissa Shusterman: Discover the Services of the 157th Legislative District
- Congresswoman Chrissy Houlahan Honors First Responders at YMCA: A Day of Service to Celebrate Goshen Fire Company and West Chester Police Department
- Chester County’s Post-Escape Plans: Town Hall Meetings for County Residents
- Chester County’s First Sustainability Summit: Shaping a Greener Future