WEST CHESTER, PA — Local leaders and advocates have been working hard behind the scenes to plan a rally in support of the LGBTQ+ community in the wake of the cancellation of the originally planned OUTFest street festival.
Given the current forecast for rain, event organizers have moved the rally portion of the event indoors at the Chester County History Center, 225 N High Street on October 1, 2022. The event will feature a rally with notable speakers, a brief march, and a party at Split Rail Tavern on Walnut Street in West Chester. The event is open to the public and will be held from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Eddy Foster, OUTfest Organizer
- Lillian DeBaptiste, Mayor of West Chester
- Josh Maxwell, Chester County Commissioner
- Rev. Sophia Foutres & Rev. Dr. Tracy Saletta, Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Daryl Durnell, WCASD School Board
- Emily Arnold, West Chester Alliance for Social Justice
- Chris Pielli, Chester County Recorder of Deeds
- Sibil Mae Greinerevent
- Rev. Dan Schatz, Unitarian Church of WC
- Bridgette Barbera-Byrne
- Joshua Young, Caln Twp Commissioner
- Fanci Dismount, Miss Chester County Pride
- Carrie Stare, President, LGBT Alliance of Chesco
After the indoor rally, participants will march through West Chester. The route of the walk will be determined based on weather conditions after the rally. The event will conclude at Split Rail Tavern on Walnut Street with a party. Proceeds from the party will be donated to The Trevor Project.
For the latest news on everything happening in Chester County and the surrounding area, be sure to follow MyChesCo on Google News.
Thanks for visiting! Looking for some Chester County pride? We got you covered! Shop our MyChesCo store and show your love for Chester County, Pennsylvania. We got shirts, hats, and more – all with a unique ChesCo flair. Plus, proceeds from each purchase helps support our mission of bringing reliable information and resources to the people of Chester County.