HONEY BROOK, PA — Team members from GIANT Thorndale on Wednesday donated 100 hams to Honey Brook Food Pantry in advance of the spring holidays. They also spent the morning volunteering at the pantry by helping restock shelves. In total, The GIANT Company donated 3,000 hams to 13 partner food banks across four states as it continues its work to eliminate hunger.
“At The GIANT Company, we believe every family should be able to share a meal and want to do all that we can to help fill empty plates,” said Jessica Groves, social impact manager, The GIANT Company. “We continue to hear from our food bank partners that the number of families seeking support and assistance remains high. As a company committed to ending hunger, it is our hope that this donation provides a bit of relief to both our partners and to families facing food insecurity.”
Donations and volunteer events took place at the following food banks:
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank (Verona, VA)
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank (Harrisburg, PA)
- Chester County Food Bank (Exton, PA)
- CityTeam Chester (Chester, PA)
- Helping Harvest Fresh Food Bank (Reading, PA)
- Honey Brook Food Pantry (Honey Brook, PA)
- Indiana County Community Action Program (Indiana, PA)
- Lancaster County Food Hub (Lancaster, PA)
- Manna on Main Street (Lansdale, PA)
- Maryland Food Bank – Western Branch (Hagerstown, MD)
- Philabundance (Philadelphia, PA)
- Second Harvest Food Bank (Nazareth, PA)
- York County Food Bank (York, PA)
GIANT and MARTIN’S customers also have the chance to help their neighbors in need by donating their free ham certificate to their local food bank now through April 4.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.