CHESTER COUNTY, PA — The Chester County Solid Waste Authority will be holding hazardous waste collection events on August 1 and 2 at the Coatesville Learning Center.
Pre-registration is required. Additional information for the events from the Chester County Solid Waste Authority Website can be found below or found by visiting: www.chestercountyswa.org/117/Household-Hazardous-Waste.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Dates:
- Saturday, August 1, 2020 – Coatesville Learning Center, 1635 E. Lincoln Highway – Pre-registration here.
- Sunday, August 2, 2020 – Coatesville Learning Center, 1635 E. Lincoln Highway – Pre-registration here.
You must show your registration ticket and wear a face mask. Materials are to be placed in the trunk of your vehicle. Staff will remove the materials.
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Guidelines
- No commercial waste – The county will not accept any commercial or industrial generated hazardous waste.
- No illegal materials – The county will not accept any materials that cannot be legally disposed of at a hazardous waste facility.
- No mixing – Do not mix materials.
- Tighten all lids – If containers are leaking, pack in a larger container with newspaper to soak up the leaks.
- Items must be identifiable – Bring all substances in original containers with labels.
- 25 gallon/220 pound limit – The maximum amount accepted is 25 gallons or 220 pounds. No 25 or 50-gallon drums.
These words identify household hazardous waste (HHW). Items marked as such should be disposed of accordingly:
Businesses and contractors will be turned away.
To view the Chester County Solid Waste Authority’s Accepted and Not Accepted Material list, click here.
Thanks for visiting! MyChesCo brings reliable information and resources to Chester County, Pennsylvania. Please consider supporting us in our efforts. Your generous donation will help us continue this work and keep it free of charge. Show your support today by clicking here and becoming a patron.